- Our customer service team recycle tenants’ cardboard and plastic. Our waste contractor have a policy of 100% recycling of our other waste.
- Battery recycling facilities are available in side Wilko and Maplin’s.
- Climate Change and Energy Management
- The Centre has an ongoing programme of conventional lighting replacement to Led.
Lighting is controlled via time clocks, photo-electric cells and movement detectors where applicable. Socket outlets in public areas are locked to prevent unauthorised use and for safety purposes.
- Under- utilised equipment is switched off when not in use.
- All radiators are individually thermostatically controlled.
- Internal supplies are metered as are external supplies which are also locked secure when not in use.
- Water Taps inside the public conveniences have recently been replaced with push taps
All initiatives are communicated to tenants via e-newsletters and retailer meeting. All centre staff are aware of the importance of suitability and best practice. This is periodically reviewed and further training is issued where applicable